Below you will find information on: tuition, payments, cancellations, dress code, drop-off & pickup, attendance, and COVID Policies
Tuition is listed below. To figure out your family's monthly tuition (immediate family, same household, same payment) look at the total number of classes that your children are enrolled in each week to figure out your monthly tuition. For example, if you have one child taking 2 classes the rate is the same as two siblings each taking 1 class (both equal 2 classes).
Enrolled in 1 class : $54/month
Enrolled in 2 classes: $98/month
Enrolled in 3 classes: $142/month
Enrolled in 4 classes: $176/month
Enrolled in 5 classes: $206/month
6 or more classes are $25 extra per class
- Rates will typically go up approximately $2 per class every summer (industry standard). The rates above are effective from August 2023 - June 2024.
- Tuition is a fixed monthly rate that does not change based on the number of weeks per month, holiday closures, or absences. All classes will have a minimum of 38 classes per season, including on-stage rehearsals and recitals. Tuition is based on this figure; any classes above and beyond this are just bonus.
- No credits will be given for any absences/holiday-closures but makeup classes can be utilized.
- No refunds, no exceptions.
Payments & Additional Fees
- A $25 annual registration fee per child and the first month's tuition will all auto-charge immediately after registering.
- All families must be on automatic payments which will auto-run on the 1st of each month. If you prefer to pay in cash you must pay prior to the 1st or the card on file will be charged.
- Accounts not settled by the 5th of the month will automatically have a $10 late fee added, accounts not settled by the 10th will have an additional $15 late fee added.
- Returned checks will be charged a $30 return check fee.
- You will need to purchase dance shoes and dance attire for your child.
- Next, there will be a costume charge for both the Winter Show and the June Recital. The Winter Show costume will need to be ordered in October and will be under $50 per costume. The June recital costume will need to be ordered by the first week of February and will be $55-$80 per costume.
- There will also be ticket sales for both shows. The cost of the tickets pays for the auditorium. Tickets will go on sale the end of November and the end of May.
- All cancellations must be given in writing/email at least 1 day prior to the end of the month. You will receive a reply with cancellation confirmation. No verbal cancellations will be accepted and no refunds will be given after tuition charges.
- All students should have their hair pulled back out of their face.
- For the exact shoes and tights needed for shows please order from https://www.shopnimbly.com/RSDA They offer affordable, quality shoes, tights, and dancewear. Once on the website click on the class name. See below for more details. Dance shoes are inside shoes that should be kept nice for shows.
- Mini Stars (with a parent): No specific dance wear is needed, any workout-type clothing is fine. We recommend ordering ballet shoes on the website above but socks can also be worn (no outside shoes).
- Tiny/Small/Sparkly Stars: Any color leotard is fine. Pants/shorts/skirts can be worn over your leotard. Students should have the specific tights & shoes used for shows which are Revolution Stretch Ballet Shoes in Classics Pink and Revolution Easy-On Student Tap Shoes in Black patent (The Tiny Star class doesn't need tap shoes right away)
- Jazz Classes: Any color leotard is fine. Pants/shorts/skirts can be worn over your leotard. Students should have the specific tights & shoes used for shows which are tan slip-on jazz shoes.
- Tap Classes: Any color leotard is fine. Pants/shorts/skirts can be worn over your leotard. Students should have specific tights & shoes used for shows which are Revolution Stretch Tap Boot in black for classes aged 7+.
- Ballet/Lyrical Classes: Any color leotard is fine. Ballet skirts or shorts can be worn over your leotard (no pants). Students should have specific tights & shoes used for shows which are Revolution Stretch Ballet Shoes in Classic Pink.
- Star Hop: Revolution Classic High Top Sneakers are needed and should be used in class only, not outside! Workout type clothes are fine for class.
- BOYS: Pants or shorts and a t-shirt or muscle shirt for all classes. Black Revolution shoes specific to style above.
Drop-off & Pickup
- Please arrive approximately 5 minutes before the class starts in order to give your child plenty of time to change shoes & get ready for class. No more than 5 minutes is needed.
- Parents with kids ages 4 and under MUST remain on the premise while their child is in class. Your child may need assistance with things like going to the bathroom and RSDA is not responsible for kids once they leave the dance room.
- Rising Stars Dance Academy is not responsible for providing care to students before or after class or anytime they leave the dance room. Therefore, students should not be left at the studio for more than 5 minutes before/after.
- By registering for classes at RSDA you are committing to keep your child enrolled throughout our entire season (through June) unless you cancel.
- Please make sure that students come to every class. When a student does not come to class it affects the whole group. However, if your child is sick then they obviously should be kept home.
- No credits will be given for any absences but makeup classes can be utilized.
- Please be sure to let the staff know about all absences so we don't worry.
- We have a small Winter Show in December and a big recital in June.
COVID-19 Precautions & Policies
- VERY small class sizes
- 5-10 minute breaks between each class
- Instructors & students will sanitize hands before & after every class.
- Limit on waiting room guests (ideally just one parent per dancer)
- Everything will be cleaned and disinfected often with enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Masks are optional
- Makeup classes are always allowed, regardless of why you miss class, so parents should keep their child home if anyone in your family is sick.